Windows server 2008 partition permission issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alsafwa

Hello all,

i has a problem on my server after the support company installed ERP system on it

i lost the control on the drive c so i cant install any application

every thing is working ok but i cant install or uninstall anything from it

i try administrator user / domain admin / and all admins users even the support company user

Network : Domain network

i hope i can find someone help me in this issue

thank you in advance

Have you tried taking ownership (as administrator) of the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder?

Have you tried installing applications on the D: drive?

alsafwa

hello
yes i try to take the owner ship and i could not
and about installing on d i cant because for example i have sql server when i try to change in it i cant
what can i do

I would suggest contacting the ERP software vendor and tell them what's going on, and that it started after they installed their software. I'm sure they have seen this issue before and know how to fix it.

4 times in the last 2 years i've had to deal with 3rd parties infecting of my clients servers from the USB sticks they did the installation with. I wonder if that's your issue. No outsiders are allowed to put a USB stick in any computer I deal with from now on - either manufacturer CD or download only.

Which ERP system did they install?

alsafwa

i have ERP AX 2009

i reinstall the OS and the database and it working well now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts