1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server 2012 r2 DHCP not serving addresses

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by sortilego, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sortilego

sortilego Thread Starter

Hello TechGuy!

Yesterday I encoutered a DHCP problem. After windows update and restart, my dhcp won't serve any new IP addresses. The ones wich has been sent before are working but no new IP-s. I tried restarting the DHCP server the Full server sevral times but no success. The settings hasn't been changed, but I checked and it has a lot's of free IP -s and the scope is activated and the server is Authorized to serve DHCP.
    I tried adding a RogueDetection disabling registry key but no success.
    I tried to check it with wire shark but suprisingly from the server there is no outgoing DHCP packet. I checked from the client too and it send discovery packets but it didn't get any offer.

And now I'm out of ideas... :/

I will attach the DHCP server log and the client and server Wireshark log.

Please if someone has any other ideas or solutions, I would be very happy.

Thanks Forward.

Thomas

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1171330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice