Windows server 2019 question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jsal0318

Is it possible to install win server 2019 on an external HDD hooked up to my desktop with the interior hard drive disconnected? If yes, how plz? If not, can any server be hooked up this way?

TIA

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You need to be patient, since we're all volunteers here and don't sit round the clock waiting on posts to come in.

This seems like an incredibly clunky way to do things. Instead, I would recommend installing Server 2019 in a virtual environment and then doing what you want with it from there. This page explains how to do it in VirtualBox.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can download a 180-day trial version of 2019 here. Just ensure you download the on-premises version.

jsal0318

You need to be patient, since we're all volunteers here and don't sit round the clock waiting on posts to come in.

This seems like an incredibly clunky way to do things. Instead, I would recommend installing Server 2019 in a virtual environment and then doing what you want with it from there. This page explains how to do it in VirtualBox.
Sorry, i didnt know this.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That's alright. That's why we explain to people if we're not on these issues right away :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online