1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Server Default Printer keep changing

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by jwc, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwc

jwc Thread Starter

Windows Domain 2003 Server, Our windows 7 and vista Client the default printer keeps changing, I don’t know why. I install the printer drivers on the domain controller then share the printer. Then I go to the local machine then add a network printer which finds the shared printer. Then I set this as default on the client machine. Then it randomly changes to a different default printer.

Someone said this go to on GPO
    · Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components
    \Terminal Services\Client/Server data redirection\Do not set default
    client printer to be the default printer in a session] " should be "not configured"

Right click the RDP-Tcp connection, and click Properties.
    In the Client Settings tab, ensure that you uncheck the "Use connection settings from user settings" or
    uncheck sub option "Default to main client printer".

Why should this affected the local machine if they don’t use terminal services

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice