Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows set up disk won't recognize a RAID drive

859 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I run Win XP Pro on a RAID 10 setup. I recently had a power failure and it turns out my UPS was bad. The RAID 10 setup was corrupted - one of the four drive's status was listed as degraded. Unfortunately my first step was to rebuild the RAID array. That took care of restoring the array to optimal status, but I now have to reinstall windows. Here is my problem: the windows set up disk will not recognize the RAID drive. I have it marked as bootable and have rebuilt the array several times without success. The initial installation proceded without any problems. I don't understand what is gioing on. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Rick

#2 ·
You need to install the drivers early in the installation process. A prompt to press F6 will appear for about 10-15 seconds, but it doesn't stop the installation process. While it's there, you need to press F6 and have your RAID controller drivers handy to install.

#3 ·
johnwill said:
You need to install the drivers early in the installation process. A prompt to press F6 will appear for about 10-15 seconds, but it doesn't stop the installation process. While it's there, you need to press F6 and have your RAID controller drivers handy to install.
I installed the SCSI drivers using the F6 key in each instance of attempted install, but just realized I did not install the Hostraid driver, which is why the RAID array wa not recognized.. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.