1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows setup problem adding/removing components!!!! all 0.0 MB in size

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by size05, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. size05

size05 Thread Starter

When I am in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS PROPERTIES, WINDOWS SETUP, I NOTICE SUDDENLY (EVERYTHING SO SUDDEN, NOT LOL, BUT I KNOW I SAY THAT LATELY, BUT IT'S SUDDEN AS BEFORE THESE ISSUES WEREN'T ISSUES :( -- WHEN GOING OVER COMPONENTS AS PART OF TROUBLESHOOTING RIGHT NOW, I SEE A PROBLEM THERE TOO -- WHERE COMPONENTS ARE LISTED NORMALLY, WHILE THE COMPONENTS AND CHOICES REMAIN listed, THEY'RE 0.0 MB in size. If I try to add or remove components anyway and click okay, nothing happens as it should after doing this. Instead, after clicking apply, it closes out. Also note that before clicking apply, where it says Description within windows setup, showing you components selected, et cetera, above that it states space used by installed components: 0.0 MB, SPACE REQUIRED 0.0., SPACE AVAILABLE ON DISK: 14238.4 MB, WHICH EXPLAINS WHY IT CLOSES. It's like there's NOTHING really there component wise. Name only. What's going on here? This may sound dumb, but could this have anything to do with my sound going? I was trying to switch some components around in multimedia which is how I noticed this problem now. Any questions, let me know. I tend to add more information then needed which may confuse some of you great helpers out there.

Kim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice