Windows Small Business Server 2008 with .net framework 1.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jackthefast

Hi,

Been trying to get a answer to a very simple question but couldn't find anything conlcusive.

Basically i am wondering if you would be able to install .net Framework 1.1 in a Windows Small Business Server 2008.

From what i can tell .net Framework is 32bit and SBS 2008 is a 64 bit native operating system. Cannot run 32bit applications?

I would appreciate if someone can tell for sure if i am right on my assumptions.

Thanks!

Jackthefast

jackthefast

Hi Vistashen,

Thanks for your help.

I actually don't have a SBS2008 at the moment to test with. I am doing some research still. But i heard people saying that .NET Framework won install in SBS2008 because SBS2008 cannot scale back to 32 bit.

The first link you sent is SP1 for .NET Framework 1.1 and it only mentions Windows Server 2008 which is very different from SBS2008. Same with the second link.

Thanks for your help :)

JacktheFast

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online