1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Small Business Server 2008 with .net framework 1.1

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jackthefast, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackthefast

jackthefast Thread Starter

Hi,

Been trying to get a answer to a very simple question but couldn't find anything conlcusive.

Basically i am wondering if you would be able to install .net Framework 1.1 in a Windows Small Business Server 2008.

From what i can tell .net Framework is 32bit and SBS 2008 is a 64 bit native operating system. Cannot run 32bit applications?

I would appreciate if someone can tell for sure if i am right on my assumptions.

Thanks!

Jackthefast

2. vistashen

vistashen Banned

3. jackthefast

jackthefast Thread Starter

Hi Vistashen,

Thanks for your help.

I actually don't have a SBS2008 at the moment to test with. I am doing some research still. But i heard people saying that .NET Framework won install in SBS2008 because SBS2008 cannot scale back to 32 bit.

The first link you sent is SP1 for .NET Framework 1.1 and it only mentions Windows Server 2008 which is very different from SBS2008. Same with the second link.

Thanks for your help :)

JacktheFast

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Microsoft support may know. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/835818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice