1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows SP2 problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lars45, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lars45

Lars45 Thread Starter

I have a VAIO laptop that would, after downloading Windows SP2, continue to have a problems displaying the screen after re-booting. On logging on, it was show the Sony logo, the Windows screen and I could hear the Windows logon tune, but nothing after. In the past I was able to avoid this problem by avoiding SP2, but no longer can. I would have to force Safe Mode and reboot from there to get the screen. Very irritating.

Praise the Mac

2. Browntop2004

Browntop2004

If you wish to just uninstall SP2, you could go into Safe mode and then Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

It`s only a guess at this point, but it may be your graphics drivers disagreeing with SP2. You could see if there any updates available for them.

3. Lars45

Lars45 Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. If I uninstall SP2, I receive continual notices of using an outdated service pack. I just don't know why SP2 causes these problems.

4. Browntop2004

Browntop2004

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice