1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows spanish to english

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kathiez, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kathiez

kathiez Thread Starter

On my mothers computer things are in spanish, like instead of saying something is DONE downloading it will say listo (done in Spanish) how can we make it go back to English? I tried going to Windows Update for support but was unable to locate anything. Thanks

2. RandyG

RandyG

What version Windows???

3. kathiez

kathiez Thread Starter

Oops I should have said it is Windows 98

4. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, I was asking because I understand that Win XP has the ability to install in Multiple languages, but my understanding of Win98 is that you buy localised versions of it.

That means you can't change the language of it, because it is written in Spanish. You will need to get a copy of English windows and install that.

Unless someone else knows better???

5. kathiez

kathiez Thread Starter

I am pretty sure that when my mom installed her o/s she ticked something off and made it spanish. I know she did not buy any extra programs.

My husband say's she has Windows 98 Second Edition.

6. beefy

beefy

You can check

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options

At the bottom is 'Languages'. Click on that tab and see what is set for the language.

Also, check in Control Panel on Regional Settings on the first tab for the language setting.

7. kathiez

kathiez Thread Starter

When we go to Control Panel most of the programs are down low and we can't reach them.
    We can't scroll down to get them.
    Help!

8. beefy

beefy

Try putting your mouse on the top bar and double click. This should make the window go to full screen.

9. RandyG

RandyG

Language options in Control Panel will affect how other programs installed select their language options by default, but that will not change the actual language of Windows.

If this was an option during install, then I would suggest reinstalling Windows and seeing if you can get that option back.

Sorry I do not have any experience installing multi-language Windows. The last time I did something like that was in 92 when I was in Germany and I got a copy of Dos 5 or 6 from a German friend to try out. I had no options, and it was installed in German!!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/183110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice