1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows start up extra picture

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Orange&Black, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange&Black

Orange&Black Thread Starter

After my last computer tech left, I found out that when starting up the bench system an added picture pops up just after the "Microsft Windows 98" logo picture. Normally it would not be a problem except that this extra picture is of a nude woman. Not the type of thing I want customers to see, and inappropriate sence my new tech is female. I would like to find this file to see when and who put it there but more importantly so I can remove it. I did a find files or folders search for .jpe and .gif but did not find it there. I really could use some help with this. Also I'm unfamilar with XP, is there a "find files or folders" equivalant other than search. I tried that but it did not work for me.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Probably a background picture and the Active Desktop is enabled. Disable ACtive Desktop, change the background PIC, re-enable the active desktop again, or leave if off. This is all under Display properties. Check this is Safe Mode too, if you're unsure - ie the background pic.

3. Orange&Black

Orange&Black Thread Starter

Thank you Triple 6! I don'tknow how I missed it, other than it was labled as internet explorer wallpaper. And I had not even concidered turning off active desktop. By the way it turned out to be a paint file bit map image. THanks Again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice