Windows Start-Up Help!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spiderman1

Not sure if you computer experts can help me out with this one, but I'll give it a shot.

When I restart my computer, I get 2 messages:

162 configeration change has occurred
662 configeration change has occurred

Those messages appear at different times, and I my computer brings up the systems menu, from which I have been exiting, and my computer just continues to start from there.

Does anyone know what is causing this change, and how to fix it ?

I own a desktop computer, have not added any new memory etc.. This problem has just recently started.

Thanks in advance for any help!

blues_harp28

Hi..if you have d/loaded and run new programs etc..on restart Windows will update system files..and it will say it's updating and continuing to load windows..
Might be worded differently on other systems..
Is your pc running ok once loaded?

spiderman1

blues_harp28 said:
Hi..if you have d/loaded and run new programs etc..on restart Windows will update system files..and it will say it's updating and continuing to load windows..
Might be worded differently on other systems..
Is your pc running ok once loaded?
Once I get the computer going, it runs normally, no problems at all.

I haven't downloaded anything of late - I do worry about some Internet spyware causing a problem though. Anything I can do to make sure that nothing is there that shouldn't be ?

Thanks for the help!

valis

blues-harp: is that a normal amount of configuration changes, or is that high? I've not seen that error before, and as such don't know squat about it, but just curious.

v

SirKenin

Banned
Those aren't the number of changes, those are the identification of the changes. That means there have been changes made in the BIOS. All you should need to do is go into the BIOS, save and exit and it should, under normal circumstances, be fixed.

valis

thanks for the clarification......add that to my bag o' tricks.

spiderman1

SirKenin said:
Those aren't the number of changes, those are the identification of the changes. That means there have been changes made in the BIOS. All you should need to do is go into the BIOS, save and exit and it should, under normal circumstances, be fixed.
Can you explain how I do this ?

Sirkenin,

Thanks for the info - that has sorted the same "problem" I was having (y)

Spiderman1:

If you look in the bottom left of you screen (immediately on boot up) it should say something like "hit DEL to enter setup" - but you have to be quick.

You should then have the option to Save and Exit. ( could be f10 - other systems my vary )

sometimes it's F1... but esc usually works for me on most computers I've messed with

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online