1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows starts to load but turns to BSOD i think my hdd may be corrupted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deadpunk21, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deadpunk21

deadpunk21 Thread Starter

my problem is that when i start my computer, every thing seems normal until the windows boot screen appears and as soon as it does it changes into the blue screen of death, tells me

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

technical information:
    *** STOP: (and then a lot of numbers)"

that is the message it gives me,

i haven't deframented my computer in ages, and also i have a 100gb hd that has been with less that 1gb free space for like a month or so and in the past week before this happened my computer has been telling me "delayed write failed, (randomfile) could not be saved to (random location) there may be a problem with your network or hardware" and i just kind of ignored it b/c i was very busy with other things. my computer shut down on me 3 times and went to the blue screen of death when it shut down, but when i turned it back on it was back to normal like nothing happened.

if anyone knows how to fix this or at least recover my data from my hard drive so i can just reformat the hard drive with the OS disks it would be very greatly appreciated

Dell Latitude D610
    Windows XP
    Toshiba 100gb HDD
    1.7ghz processor (i think its an intell celeron processor)

any more information you might need just lemme know

2. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
    Whats the error codes please? Have you tried running Chkdsk from the recovery console (requires booting from Win XP CD)?

3. Ingraved

Ingraved

Well, there is a myriad of things that may be wrong. Especially when your hard drive is full. It could be that windows cannot load your mandatory files because of this.
    Everway9 suggested running the recovery console, here's how;
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000627.htm

I strongly suggest trying to keep 15% of your hdd free at a minimum so that you are atleast able to run Defragment.

4. deadpunk21

deadpunk21 Thread Starter

:eek:i didn't know you had to do chkdsk through the windows cd, i thought i had to do it through command prompt for some reason and i cant get to cmdpromt

btw here is the stop code

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x8A0FF2B8,0xC0000102,0x00000000)

ill try chkdsk and get back to you guys

thanks again:D

5. Everway9

Everway9

First Name:
    Drew
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice