Windows startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KLT

Can somebody please tell me how to access the startup list in Windows 2000, I need to try and speed up the boot.
There seems to be no msconfig.

If you mean the list of programs started at boot time then they are in the startup folder on the start menu and in the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

KLT

Thanks coderitr, but thats not what I'm after. I want to access all the files at start up, as I used to do in Win98 by going to" run" then typing msconfig.

KLT

Thanks mobo
Thats exactly what I was after.
Take care
KLT

Welcome and one more thing which i just thought of. Drag the desktop icon and drop it on the start button to put msconfig in the startup folder as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online