1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Stop Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digitaldiva, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digitaldiva

digitaldiva Thread Starter

I am having a problem with a gateway desktop hard drive. I get a Stop 0x000000ED error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME on Windows XP boot.

I did a chkdsk /r from the Windows Recovery CD. I still couldn't boot although the chkdsk completed.

I put the hard drive in another computer with a good OS. I booted that and tried to access the new partition so I can pull the data I need off it. Seems to have no file system associated with the partition. I get an error: H:\ is not accessible. The parameter is not correct.

I looked at the Windows Disk Management and it says there is no file system. Is there any advice I can follow to access the drive at this point? or is it wiped out?

If there is no file system can a check disk complete????

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Sounds like the hard drive may have totally crashed :(

Are the operating systems the same on both computers?

As a side note, I was just going to email you regarding your user photo. That's fine for your avatar, but, the photo must be of you ;)

3. digitaldiva

digitaldiva Thread Starter

I was able to resolve the problem. EasyRecovery was recommended to me and it was the only tool that would access the bad partition. I'll change my pic. Mahalo.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Great, thanks for the follow up, and thanks for the picture removal.

You can mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice