1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

/windows/system32/config/system corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BumontheRun, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BumontheRun

BumontheRun Thread Starter

I got the /windows/system32/config/system corrupt error message today...i got it before and fixed it temporarily...but this time i got it and i formated after before fixing...after the format with the windows cd it said the drive was corrupt or damage... i didn't touch it or anything before so it cant be physical...and when i used the western digital disk that came with it to test for errors...it said there werent any...

I am sending in my motherboard to be replaced but when i get it back i will need to fix this proble so i can try and get everything to work fine...

Anyone know whats wrong with it?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    which version of Windows are you using and did you perform any upgrades on the machine?

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy BumontheRun...

From what it looks like you are running XP ( in Nt and W2K it will be winnt\system32\config, unless you changed it during the install)...

The windows\system32\config\system is the load of the System hive in the registry, if it's corrupt you might want to try this from Microsoft...

4. BumontheRun

BumontheRun Thread Starter

i'm usin xp home.... its a new computer i built...and it has to be something wrong with the hardware...cause i installed xp on the hard drive before on another comp and it worked fine...but on my new comp it had problems...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice