\windows\system32\config\system file missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elagabalus

my vaio xp media center is hung up on windows/system32/config/system file is missing...safe mode always ends with the request that i reinstall using discs i have never had...graphics card (the infamous nvidia) already failed on this thing once, and they ARE all disarray....anyone solve this with discs? "deleted by moderator" much appreciate any yeas or nays on this...thanx much!!!

Hi elagabalus and welcome to TSG

I've edited out your email address in your above post. You don't want to subject yourself to spam attacks and we also like to keep things within this forum here.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to Tech Support Guy
I have actually requested a senior staff member to edit out your email address
You should not include it
Firstly help can only be given in the forums and secondly you are advised not to include your email address.

Your computer specs are confusing, in that you have included a breakdown of what has occurred to the computer in respect of the graphics, as against simply the specs

If I am reading it as you intend you say the present graphics card has failed - DO you know this has certainly occurred, because if so, we are unlikely to get a windows display, even if we solve the posted problem

sony vaio vgn ar250 g, screen went lightshow, bands, grids etc., checked and nvidia geforce go 7600 graphics card is not functioning. second nvidia card, first burned. probably another nvidia burn, same endpoint, blinking cursor then black screen...sony...just...BLOWS.
So please explain - at this present time do we have simply a black screen or what

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online