1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\(multiple).SYS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drrpingaloca, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drrpingaloca

drrpingaloca Thread Starter

This was posted under Operating Systems, which works fine until I connect it to other computer..Then I have this problem..how do i go about this? I'm gonna RE-INSTALL XP again, and see if we can do "VIRTUAL TECH" .Thats where YOU become the teacher, as long as I haven't already tried it, or your just not sure..here's what happened...

Desktop board 815EEA w/chipset 815E running windows 98-2000.. I decided to install windows XP from my Dell...So I took out 20GB harddrive from 815EEA(other computer) and installed Windows XP cd. I did windows updates, intel updates for the controller and desktop board...but,what i did was connect the 815EEA harddrive to me secondary master and did the updates and install before connecting it to 815EEA...NOW I can't even get into safe mode, sometimes I can do F8, and Bios Set Up I can do..First a blue Intel Desktop Board screen and then it goes blank or safe mode...and while Im in the safe mode options and chose safe mode or any other one... windows\system32\drivers and a couple dozen extensions scroll down the page..I thought plug n play could bring up the internal basics for start up, i've formatted harddrive and re-installed XP a few times with different installs but same outcome..I've done windows updates, Intel latest bios, utility tools, and even tried to force an extraction from winzip..But nothin..I'm sure its the drivers or just the desktop board thats not right.I'd like to know how or if i even can reset board somehow and have plug and play pick out the drivers AND THEN manually download drivers...,.I'm thinking i installed the wrong drivers at first, but then ran Intels updates...So how do I go about this? Fresh XP Install and have plug and play use internal drives? reset jumpers? take out unneccassary sound cards?..any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Hi there,

Thats one fine can of worms! it takes some reading through.

So, you are trying to install XP from a Dell machine onto another machine. Neither Microsoft or Dell are going to happy with you. When you did the install, which machine were you running form? You can't build an installation on one machine and then transfer the hard drive to another machine and expect it to work. Even by manually transferring the drivers. Windows doesn't know where they are, you can only update drivers from a working OS.
    You need to have the HD attached to the 815 and then do the install - forget about any other PC. I would hope that the Dell OEM disk wouldn't work though. It should just say, this isn't a Dell machine.

3. drrpingaloca

You need to have the HD attached to the 815 and then do the install - forget about any other PC. I would hope that the Dell OEM disk wouldn't work though. It should just say, this isn't a Dell machine

thats just it!..when the 815 has its hard drive, and I set up bios for boot configuration (cd-rom 1st then hard drive 2nd) and i place Windows XP cd in cd-rom, CD starts to spin, but promptly stops, Hard drive starts then the blue screen with Intels Desktop Boards comes on for about a minute, then safe mode counts down from 26..any option I choose in this screen will will bring up the message WINDOW\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\*.SYS.. and i did try using the Dell OEM Resource CD to try and have it pick out the drivers but , Your..Right!, it said "DUDE, THIS IS NOT A DELL!" HAHAHA

4. drrpingaloca

Okay, I have a fresh copy of WINDOWS XP on the 815 Hard drive..Hard drive is unconnected siting on my desk, and I haven't Installed any drivers..I haven't even tried connecting it and turning on 815 yet...Should I go to Intel and download Desktop Board (D815EEA) on Dells floppy then install on 815 before installing Windows XP? Here is a the 1st link 815 downloads and i don't know if they are all necessary for start up.2nd link Bios update..sometimes that accelerator just messes things up..3rd link Desktop Board itself ..product specs, updates, pictures, and message about them not being manufactured and no more support...I couldn't get it to hyper link so if you could copy and paste..sorry :eek: I'm not a wiz.. ..and I'm not trying to get you to do any work..the links are there just to glance at..maybe you see something i didn't..but I've gone over them over and over, and by now they look the same..

1st link

2nd link

3rd link

5. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

What you are wasting your time trying to do is illegal and therefore not supposed to be on these forums.
    You seem to have missed the point when it comes to a fresh install. You say you have a fresh copy installed on a hard drive with no drivers??????????
    How did you make this? Windows uses generic drivers during its installation. It sees things that are there and then installs the drivers for them. You then take that hard drive to another PC and it probably won't work. the drivers you have found are fine. Once XP has established itself you need to point it at those drivers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice