1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Systeminformation wont open

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nesjemannen, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nesjemannen

Nesjemannen Thread Starter

When i go: Start> All programs > Accessories > System tools > Systeminformation
    i get this message ( freely translated from norwegian )

"Windows can't open Help and Support because a systemapplication can't run. If you want to solve this problem, start the application called Help and Support"

Where is the Help and Support application, and what do i do? :confused:

Help would be appreciated :D

2. Tommy Gusack

Tommy Gusack

The help and support show just be in your start tab, if not, try searching for it,
    Or just download Everest, it show all information about your computer. You could open device manger too. Just click my computer, manage, and look.

3. Nesjemannen

Nesjemannen Thread Starter

I click it and this message pops up: ( Still freely translated from norwegian)

"Can't find helpctr.exe. Controll that you wrote the name right and try again. If you want to search for it, press the start button and then search."

I search for it, finds it BUT WHEN I CLICK ON IT I GET THE FIRST MESSAGE:

"Windows can't open Help and Support because a systemapplication can't run. If you want to solve this problem, start the application called Help and Support"

Omg this is an evil circle, any1 please help me! =(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice