1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Time update error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Darkdiablo, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkdiablo

Darkdiablo Thread Starter

When I click the button to update the time, it says "An error occured getting the status of the last synchronization. The RPC server is unavailable"

I cannot use windows udate either because it says "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update certificate"

Also, when I download the installer for windows live one care, it says "Installation cannot continue...Network problems are preventing windows live OnceCare Installation from continuing at this time..."

I get the same error even when connected directly to my modem, my other PCs are running just fine, its just this one. Anyone know what the problem is?

2. Darkdiablo

Darkdiablo Thread Starter

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If you are having trouble with the time getting synced I would suggest replacing the CMOS battery and then resetting the time, date etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665085