1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows transfer

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Syperofficial, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syperofficial

Syperofficial Thread Starter

Hey! So to go thru my story real quick , i got a free windows from my school 5 minths ago that i used on my laptop , but i recently bought windows mixed reality and i had to upgrade my pc to windows 10 ( it was windows 7) and i wanted to move my license to my main pc . After day of searching around in the internet i found out that if i reset my laptop and do some commands in the cmd i can acrually dissable my windows in my laptop and use the key instead for my pc . I tried contacting microsoft support but after 15 times they didnt wvwn listen to my problem. So i tried resetting my laptop but it gave me an error that set reset problem and no changes were made. I then saw on the internet that it was because of some problem that i could fix from my cmd but when i go to my cmd after shift + clicking on restart it asks me for admin account and im sure i have admin account but i dont see it there its like i dont have one. Please help me even a tiny bit with my problem because i rly want to enjoy my windows mixed reality !

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I very much doubt that this
    is really what Microsoft meant - they did not want to listen

Free licences for a Microsoft OS granted to for instance educational establishments are either full retail licence, which may be used on another computer OR another type of licence, which is limited to the computer on which it was installed.

Whatever type of licence was granted for 7, is the same licence now in use on 10 - even if the current installation on the laptop shows that the licence is digitally activated - as explained here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12440/windows-10-activation
    On this link
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...computer/3704e5b9-0a43-4d29-9492-0792181a8a44

see how to transfer to new computer.

However I repeat the possibility of it working depends entirely on the type of licence you acquired with the free windows from your school.

The fact that you have now bought Windows Mixed reality makes no difference to the above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice