windows turning off process stuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nedman

sometimes, during the turning off process of windows xp some processes can't be closed, a message shows up and gives the process certain amount of time to be closed, if unsuccessful it asks you to terminate and warns you that if you do so unsaved data concerning that process will be lost.
what bothers me isn't the delay in the shutdown process or the loss of data but the fact that if i choose "turn off" option from the start menu, i can't just assume it will necessarily do so. windows may be unsuccessful closing one or more processes, so the computer stays on.
is there a way to tell windows to automatically terminate processes that won't close after a certain amount of time? or is there any other solution to this problem?

Nedman

so i guess nobody has an answer for me. well, thanks anyway.

this will fix that problem

http://www.driverheaven.net/dforce/showdoc.php?doc=txp_download

aownloac and install this

after that, do this

Memory and file system

* Enable "Accelerate DLL unloading"
* Enable "Faster shutdown"
* Enable "File allocation size tweak"
* Enable "Optimize prefetch"
* Set "IO Page Lock Limit" to the highest it can go

Hardware

* Enable "Speed-up Windows IRQ handling"

Internet

* Enable "DNS cache increase"

it will make everything faster

and best of all, you dont need it running in the background, it simpaly edits registry values

the faster shutdown will make it so windows will auto close some of the items and it will greatly shorten the time it takes to end their task

and then you can enable the ultra fast booting

that will move the boot files to part of the hard drive where they can have much higher read/write speeds (makes windows load faster) then it defrags the boot files (makes things even faster)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online