1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Up-Date Manager ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by exceller, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

As myself and many others who have Windows 10 Home, cannot delay updates as those with Windows 10 Pro can do.

Reading about and Installed WuMgr by David Xanatos to Delay Windows Up-dates till Microsoft sort themselves out with these bugs in the recent and current Upgrade to Version 1809.

Widows update is trying to download and install the 1809 update, yet the WuMgr having completed its scan does not see or find the Windows update in progress.

The only way I seem to be able to stop/freeze the update is to Disable Windows Updates within the manager, but that stops any other updates.

Is there any other way of delaying/freezing Windows Updates in the Registry etc.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Probably because the updates released after 1809, need 1809 to be installed first.

3. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

I've read that the Oct 2018 and Dec 2018 updates are flawed and should not be installed and to wait till the next round of updates in spring 2019 for MS to iron out the problems in both updates.

I'm currently on 1803 - OS build 17134.471

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sounds like you might want to wait then.

If it was me, I'd create a couple of know-good backups and then let Windows 10 update itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice