1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update Automatic Restart Questions?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jack1000, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Dear Tech Support Guy,

Automatic Restart Needs Improvement in Windows 10

I would like to see a pop up warning say for example at least 10 minutes before an automatic restart is to occur in Windows 10. This will allow users to keep the automatic restart recommended setting, while at the same time, permitting them to finish their work. My Windows 10 desktop PC restarted with the huge November, 2015 Threshold 2 Update (Build 1511) in the early evening, about 7:45 PM. Restarts should be done in the early morning hours, say between 3-4am when most people are asleep.

I have selected the "Notify of Scheduled Restart." option, which I believe should be the default setting, as users in Windows 8.1 would get pop-up notices by default. Some questions:

1.) If a users selects "Notify of Scheduled Restart" for Windows Update, in Windows 10, what message will they see the next time a restart is scheduled? (Screenshots would be helpful.)

2.) Let's suppose that I schedule the restart for 3:30am when not using the computer. Will this time setting hold for all the next subsequent updates that need a system restart until changed?

Jack

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Greetings,

Still searching for an answer to this question. The main thing I want to know is, if I change the Windows Update feature in Windows 10 to "Notification of Scheduled Restart" what will I see before a restart is scheduled to happen? Will this be a pop up notice in the system tray?

Jack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice