Windows Update causes computer to freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amiller7287

I just started using my desktop computer again and I plugged it in and for some reason everytime Windows Update starts it freezes. I have eliminated all other variables and have found that it is the windows update that makes the computer crash within five minutes of it being turned on. I was able to to reboot it and go into settings and disable automatic updates and it works fine with out any issues. But my computer has not been updated since 8/31/11 and I would like to give it the most recent updates but i cant because the computer will freeze. Please Help!

amiller7287

Thanks praxe, I did try a system restore and it did not help the issue. I did a virus scan and there was no virus. I checked for any registry issues and also ran ccleaner. Not sure if you have any more ideas, but appreciate the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online