Windows Update Error 80070002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ragingmoon

Trying to install Vista SP1 via Windows update. Keeps failing with the above error. This is a Windows Vista Business Toshiba R500 laptop that the hard drive went on me. I have since restored the Vista OS on the new hard drive by using the recovery disks I created. I have followed the MS troubleshooting options by deleting the Windows update history as it may have previously had SP1 on it.

Now the SP1 update is the only one it finds and it just will not install.

Anyone come across this and overcome it? :confused:

ragingmoon

Take a look at this and see if it is any help. Note that when I read through it, the grammar seemed a bit odd, so read carefully.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/21/fix-error-80070002-when-using-windows-update-in-vista/
This looks excellent mate. Thanks very much. I also raised a call with Microsoft yesterday as to fix any update issues is free. They haven't got back to me as yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your speedy response. I will update once I have get back to the office and try this out.

(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online