Windows Update error 80072efd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bleakxdiary

I've been recieving the error code recently while trying to update. Now, I've
read the support article that seems to be working for everyone, but not for
me. I've flushed the DNS, there were no hosts files to remove, and now I've
tried the command prompt (running in administrator mode as well). Yet, when
type in 'proxycfg-d' I get a message back that says 'proxycfg-d is not
recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch
file'. I've tried typing it different ways and no matter what, it gives me
the same message. I'm on Vista Home Premium and only behind Windows Firewall.

any other workaround for this?

bleakxdiary

-cough- I'm not behind a 3rd party firewall and I've already read and tried that KB article, as I've already said.

Someone said it could be Avast! antivirus blocking windows update. How would I get it unblocked?

I don't use Avast....is there a way to temporarily turn off or disable Avast's web scanner proxy? If there is, then go to Windows updates and manually select and install them.

bleakxdiary

Jacee said:
I don't use Avast....is there a way to temporarily turn off or disable Avast's web scanner proxy? If there is, then go to Windows updates and manually select and install them.
If there is one, I have no idea how to edit and turn it off. I've gone through the settings and I haven't found it yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online