Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Update error code

825 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

I have been trying unsuccessfully to do all of the helps to get Windows Update to check for updates and install. I tried all of the Fixit and Windows Update Troubleshooter batch files, etc. I thought I was making headway this morning when it said updates would install on the next shutdown. So I shutdown. Looks like 57 updates had a failed status. When I ran the check for updates again, I get the following error code:
C80003FA

I googled and really only found the same help items I have already tried, the fixit's etc.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 ·
We know nothing about your computer, other than it's running Windows 7 Professional SP1, so do the following in it.
Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3581 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152341 MB, Free - 116728 MB; E: Total - 15259 MB, Free - 9929 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc.,
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Updated and Enabled

#6 ·
It is actually a refurbished Dell Latitude D630 Laptop
Service Tag: 1BSSMG1
Express Service Code: 2890274977
Here is the Dell support site that's assigned only to your Dell Latitude D630 laptop.
You might want to add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.
According to its original system configuration section, it came with Windows XP Professional SP2 and included an upgrade license for Windows Vista Business 32-bit.

You say you bought it refurbished with Windows 7 Professional 32-bit already installed in it?
Does it have a refurbished Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker on it with that Windows version?
Did it come with a built-in factory restore partition or with an actual Windows 7 Professional reinstallation disc?

How long have you been having trouble with Windows updates?

--------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
Yes. We are a small school and purchased around 20 of these refurbished laptops. It does have the COA sticker. It came with Win 7 Pro already installed. When we broke them out for the first time. I did have to authenticate Windows.

Had no problems with updates before. They did sit idle during the summer and I was actually getting this one ready to go into a classroom, so was making sure everything was up to date. I have had trouble with several of the others, but after trying various fixes, update started working. This one has been stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.