1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update failed W-2008R2

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by plschley, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plschley

plschley Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a server 2008r2 Standard 64Bit addition and for some reason I’m having trouble with Microsoft Updates. The updates have been working and I have many on the server. This last one, KB2347290 will not install. It just sits there and runs with 0%installed for an hour if I let it. I tried installing the update by itself as an executable and I get the same thing. I have tried restarting the server and then running the update, nothing. I tried to run a FixIt but the one recommended for Microsoft didn’t mesh with my operating system (go figure). The service that is running on this server is Sql 2008R2. I looked in Event logs and the only thing I have found so far is a Windows Modules Installer error indicating that it had stop. The next entry is that it has restarted. I believe that this only stops when I try to run the updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is the clock on the server have the correct time and time zone info?

3. plschley

plschley Thread Starter

I just checked the time and all is correct.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Maybe there is an installer running in the background that is causing your updates to fail. Do and alt+ctrl+del and see if there is an msiexec or any other installer runnging in the background.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice