windows update failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phalcon352

On Tuesday Sept 16, my desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium had an update waiting to install ( Windows update SP1 ). So I went ahead and ran the update install. All went well until the final portion. I got a message saying update failed reverting system back to pre-install state (I'm paraphrasing here ) Anyway, it restored my system and everything is running correctly, EXCEPT ( you knew there'd be and EXCEPT coming :D) now it keeps telling me I have updates ready to install. ( the same one that failed ) My question is: I would like to delete this update and try to download it again. ( the download may have been corrupt ) Will doing a system restore to the day before the update download enable me to actually download the update again?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online