Windows update installation fails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DNA_Uncut

Hi friends,

I have a peculiar problem. I can download windows updates, But the installation fails. I did everything what i could do. But no success. I am using IE 7 with Norton internet security suite 2007 (Automatic windows update option enabled in it).

What could be the problem? Please help me :confused:

I have never seen windows update enable NIS 2007 but for you to get the updates downloaded and installed I would suggest dis-abling Norton Internet security so the anti-virus is turned off then go thru the windows update again.

DNA_Uncut

ozrom1e said:
I have never seen windows update enable NIS 2007 but for you to get the updates downloaded and installed I would suggest dis-abling Norton Internet security so the anti-virus is turned off then go thru the windows update again.
@ ozromle

I turned Off Windows Automatic Update Option in My Norton internet security suite 2007 & tried to install Updates Directly from Ms site. But no success. (still the Updates fails to install)

Any help from anyone please :confused:

No I said disable the NIS which means the whole thing it has to be turned off and then try the windows update. If there is an icon in the system tray try right clicking and then exit or quit NIS then run Windows Update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online