Windows update keeps loading same update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Valacapt

I have Windows Update set to notify me when updates are ready so I can have some control over the time things are being done. So I get a little icon in my status bar and I click it and it asks if I want to download (yes) and now, install (yes) and I get "Installation complete". Then 10 seconds later it's back. It's the same file and I've installed it several times and it keeps coming back. The update installer seems happy as heck each time.

Zone Alarm shows full permission for "Update Automatic Updates" and "Ask" for "Update Manager for NT". I would be inclined to remove both from the Program List and let them "meet" Zone Alarm again so I can be sure the both have full, enduring permission. Does that seem like a plan?

Valacapt

I went to the web site and it said I needed an update - the same one the automatic update has been installing over and over. I went along and downloaded and installed it, and got the same "Successfull (yippee!)" message. Logged off.

BTW: Before doing the download/install from the site I removed two Windows Update... entries from the Zone Alarm programs list (so that they would come to Zone Alarm as "new").

Ten minutes later I was getting the message that "Updates are ready..." and it was the same program.

For now I have turned off automatic update. I suppose the problem could be anywhere.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online