1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows update loop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by thymekiller, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thymekiller

thymekiller Thread Starter

Hi! My husband has an Asus laptop running windows 8. He is a truck driver, and does not have a regular internet connection. Anyway, I think some update process got interrupted, because now the computer is stuck in this loop:"We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes Dont turn off your computer" I have tried a system reset, which it cant complete. I have tried all my system restore points, and system restore cant complete. I have gone into safe mode and tried to manually uninstall updates, and it wont let me do that either. My Norton 360 scan reveals no virus. I am unable to open Windows update settings in safe mode. I tried running sfc/scannow in a command prompt and it was unable to start. I just dont know what to do from here, please help. I cant start Windows normally and I have no networking ability even when i go into safe mode with networking. Windows Security Center wont open either.:(

2. thymekiller

thymekiller Thread Starter

Just tried to do a clean boot, same thing, it went right to "we couldn't complete the updates..." when it restarted. So frustrated...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice