Windows Update messed up my wireless connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naroth

I hope somebody can help me because I'm pulling out my hair trying to fix this. I'm running Windows XP and I just did an update and restarted my computer. Before this my wi-fi connection was working perfectly (using linksys - my neighbors-unsecured) but now it shows that its connected but when I try to go to a web page it says there is no connection and I don't think it can receive packets. However my other 2 wi-fi servers can connect but they are far slower than the other and now they seem to disconnect me for no reason. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to uninstall/install to fix this or if I should do a system restore. Thank You

Go to Microsoft Update website by clicking that link..

windowsupdate.microsoft.com

and click Review your Update History and could you read or Copy and paste in next reply what your computer is updated with?

TerryNet

Terry
You should get your own internet connection.

It is against forum rules for asking or advising how to illegally use somebody else's internet.

naroth

Here's a list of the updates
Office 2007 Update for Office 2007 (KB934391) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP (KB933566) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP (KB929123) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2007 (KB890830) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Office 2007 Update for Outlook 2007 (KB933493) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows Defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.19.2732.6) Friday, July 06, 2007 Automatic Updates

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Closing thread, get your own internet service. Maybe your neighbor finally figured out that you were leeching off his ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online