1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update/Microsoft Security Essentials Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Buzzinator, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzzinator

Buzzinator Thread Starter

MSE just had its real time protection turned on, as I apparently did not verify my Windows genuine status, even though I'm positive I did. I didn't see any button to run a check, so I tried to turn on real-time Security Essentials couldn't turn on real time-protection This operation returned because the timeout period expired. Click help for more information about this problem. Error code: 0x800705b4 So I didn't feel like dealing with this, and just decided to do an uninstall/re-install. When I tried THAT (via add/remove programs in control panel), I got this message: The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the installation. To continue installing Security Essentials, you must first download the required package. (I click it, and nothing happens) I googled this problem, and found a possible solution on the Microsoft support forums, which was to do a Windows Update. So I try THAT, and even that won't even load, as I get THIS message: The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context. Talk about annoying. Help is appreciated, because I really don't know what to do now!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice