Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chaim

Hi all,

I just reinstalled windows. After going thru a-lot of problems (tried to install windows on SATA drive without having a floppy) i succeed. I thought that was the end for my problems (for now at-least) and started installing my drivers. also formatted all the other partitions and restarted the computer. Before restarting everything worked properly.
When the computer booted and the windows loading screen went on I thought it'll take it a few seconds, but it went for like 10 minutes and didn't stop loading. I decided to grab something to eat and went for about 10 more minutes. when I came back it was still loading so i decided to restart.
When windows got to the safe mode screen i decided to choose try the last best setting and it helped. windows loaded properly but didn't have the drivers i installed before, so I installed them. restart again and windows not working again.
back to take the last best setting and back to windows working. I did it step by step (installing a driver and rebooting...) but didn't installed RAID controller and USB driver.
Since i don't need them i decided to not installed them. but my problem occurs when i try to update windows. Internet Explorer stops working as soon as i go inside "windows update" or "microsoft update", but i know it worked before i did the first restart.
Also going to the Automatic Update tab in System Settings gives me an error.

What should i do? :(

Thanks a-lot
Chaim

Edit: just installed the RAID driver and problem occurred again, windows isn't loading.
another that i found happening is that after POST (power on self test) it takes the computer a few minutes to start loading the OS, while in regular times it won't take more then a second

I have found that installing drivers it is best to do one at a time and make sure the system boots before installing another. That way you can figure out which one is giving you a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online