1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update Not Loading or Installing Anything

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rschmauch, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rschmauch

rschmauch Thread Starter

Recently, I had to do a factory reinstall on my Dell Laptop which reverted it back to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1 in addition to drivers, software, etc. That worked out fine when using the disks, but I discovered another issue. When trying to get Windows Updates to install on my system, all I get is the screen that it's checking for updates and it keeps checking, but nothing ever gets installed. I've tried everything under the sun online to try to remedy this, but with no success. I've tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter as well, but I get an error of "problem installing recent updates." It did fix a "service registration is missing or corrupt" though. I've probably spent hours on trying to fix this, but to no avail. Any possible solutions or ideas?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. rschmauch

rschmauch Thread Starter

I tried it and it said that the update is not applicable to my computer.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Win7 update is very slow lately.

I reinstalled Win7 last Sunday (Win7 64 w/SP1), install completed just before noon, and knowing how slow update has been recently, I left the computer on and waited. Windows update populated at 10:05pm (171 updates @ 1.9GB).

5. rschmauch

rschmauch Thread Starter

Okay, thank you. I'll have to let the computer go for awhile.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice