1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update not working after Uninstall KB3035583

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lynx1021, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

It seems that windows update is not working after I Uninstalled KB3035583 to get rid of the Win 10 icon.
    Win 7 ultimate SP1 on a Gigabyte GA-P43T-es3g board. I can go to the control panel and click on check for updates and all it checks for a long time and finally shows "windows 10, download and install! No other updates installed since 08/09/2015. I think have it set to "download but let me install". I have Office 2007 also so it should have updates for that too.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Whats the make and model of the PC
    did it originally come with windows 7 Ultimate ?

3. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G 775 socket with modified Xeon Quad X5472,8GB ram, HIS HD6570 VID, Win7Ultimate Sp1. I did have XP on it when I first built it but that was on another hard drive. Win7Ultimate Sp1 was installed on a new hard drive a couple of years ago.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Validation

Please download and run MGADiag Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:
    • Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
    • Click "Continue"
    • Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default)
    • Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard
    • Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply

------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Windows update has been extremely slow for me.
    I think I waited from 30 - 45 minutes around 11am EST to simply install 2 updates. The screen just kept saying 0 kb 0% downloaded.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G
    Supported operating systems are Windows XP and Vista and 7, 32-bit and 64-bit.
    I'm surprised to see so many PCI slots in a motherboard that supports DDR3.
    When I first saw it, I was assuming it supports DDR or DDR2.
    The 13 updates took several minutes for me too, and I'm on a 150 Mbps download connection.
    The .NET Framework updates tend to take longer than the others to install.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    I've had windows 7 update showing it's downloading/installing 10 for a while now, after deleting KB3035583 and some others, but it was actually downloading the correct updates for 7 and the display showed the correct information later on. Maybe you should leave it a bit longer and see if that's happening to you too.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Liz, Frank and Allan,

I think that you all know to hold off after a MGADiag has been requested by a mod or admin. Maybe you missed Waynes' post # 4. :) (This is just a reminder. )

9. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Sorry I was slow to get back to yall but my wife has been sick and I was taking care of her. I got the update sorted out. I had it set for "check for updates but let me chose to download or install". I would check for updates and it would show the windows 10 upgrade in the box. Didn't notice The "show available updates" . Changed to "download but let me install them". Anyway I clicked on "show available updates" and selected a few and hit OK and went back to the other page but it was still showing windows 10 upgrade but it had a install updates button so I clicked that ,Ouch it started downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade which I promptly canceled. Looks to me Like Microsoft is trying to trick people into installing Windows 10!Anyway I looked at my shutdown button and it had the little update Icon on it . I shutdown and it installed some updates. I was able to finish installing the other 49 updates also. Microsoft very Sneaky!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice