Windows update page problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

docmedic

When I hit scan for updates I get a page that says

"Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services"

Thanks for help in advance

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Check your time and date (year is what affects it...recently, I had a pc set to 2014---same message as yours, soon as I corrected to 2003, Updates up to the ears...)
There are other reasons that error may appear....check the links to the page about others who have had the same problem.....when you see the error- that is one place I saw the answer, and, here at TSG is another... several users have had this happen recently.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online