1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update Problem. Please help.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ooraven, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ooraven

ooraven Thread Starter

Hey guys. New here. Looking for a bit of help. Me and my co-worker have been trying to figure out a problem on our network for about 3 weeks now and have got'ten no where. We are both new to the company we work for (me for 6 months him for 2). Our systems are set up to automatically download and install windows updates. Recently we started to come up with errors on the event logs saying that it cannot connect.

When we manually go to windows update page it works fine. No problems at all. However our servers for some reason will not. Errors are poping up every other day about this and my boss isn't to happy about it. The computers are all running 2k3 server. We are also part of a bigger domain set up by our corporate office so there are certain things we can't access.

Date: 12/29/2007
    Time: 1:34:38 PM
    Type: Error
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAME1
    Source: Windows Update Agent
    Category: Software Sync
    Event ID: 16

Unable to connect: Windows is unable to connect to the automatic updates service and therefore cannot download and install updates accorrdomg to the set schedule. Windows will continue to try to establish a connection.

This is what comes up on the event log for our servers with the problem (8 to be exact). We can't seem to figure out exactly what's causing this. I'm fresh out of school and this is my first IT job so experience is lacking.

Any help any of you can provide me or any tips at all will be greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance.

Also any other information you would need I can attempt to look up.

2. ooraven

ooraven Thread Starter

Sorry for the bump but it hit the second page. :/

3. Claymore

Claymore

4. ooraven

ooraven Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply claymore. Going to give it a read now. Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice