Solved Windows Update Problem

SilverSurf

Hello All - Having problems with Windows update as shown in screenshot. The one that says installing stays that way for over half an hour with no progress.

Update.png

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If the definition update does not install via Windows Update and it displays an error code, you need to update it via Windows Security.
It will update in that manner.
I have the same problem from time to time.
(y)

If the definition update does not install via Windows Update and it displays an error code, you need to update it via Windows Security.
It will update in that manner.
I have the same problem from time to time.
(y)
I am having the same problem, my Windows Update is NOT updating. Failed 5 times. Please tell me the steps after getting to Windows Security. I have Windows 10.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I just finished replying to your other thread.

As far as Windows Security is concerned, if it will not update via Windows Update, you can update it within the app itself.

I have that same issue from time to time, so I update its definition files within the app.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online