1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows update problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ms_khw, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

I have an update notice that I can't get rid of. It is greyed out therefore I can't remove the checkmark. The update reminder stays in my tackbar. The thing that puzzels me is that when I click on more info it does not take me to the microsoft page but instead to MSDN. What is this? This is the download, is it needed, if not how can I get rid of it??? I don't want to disable the notifier.

Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    Purpose

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) transfers files (downloads or uploads) between a client and server and provides progress information related to the transfers.

2. esdxc37

esdxc37

msdn is the Microsoft Developer Network.
    would need to know the operating system you use to tell you correctley what to do.
    in xp goto control panel>system>automatic updates and turn it off there.

3. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

I don't want to turn off my auto updates, I want to remvove this one particular update so that it doesn't keep popping up to download. I'm using XP, with thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice