Windows Update Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

michael863

hey, i downloaded (manually) some updates for xp like office updates and security updates but i DID NOT get sp2.

and now, everytime i startup my computer, the little windows logo is in the taskbar and it says "downloading: 0%"

i can't make it stop. i can't right click it, left click it, etc

ALSO, i was just wondering if someone could tell me how to stop it or what name it has in the TASK manager so that i could stop it/block it/ or something like that

thanks

all you have to do to disable it is go into control pannel and then into auto update and disable auto updates

michael863

wow, that was a little too easy

any idea what it was...to make it download updates at 0% even after leaving it on all night??? (p.s. i know my connection is fine)

i dont think it was downloading anything to tell the truth. My friend has a 1.5mb connection and his stayed at 0% as well

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online