1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update: Saving Downloaded Patches?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Akito, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Akito

Akito Thread Starter

I'm on dialup, and I format somewhat often. Does anyone know if there is a "temp" folder or something of that nature where I can get the patches I've downloaded? It takes me a good 5-6 hours to download them all, even after installing SP1 (which I have on a CD). I would like to put these patches on a CD and then make a batch file to install all of them (I don't need help with this though :)).

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

3. drdrew1469

drdrew1469

4. Akito

Akito Thread Starter

Dang, I didn't want to have to redownload the patches (which will take forever).. but alas, it appears I will have to either way. Thanks, both of you!

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Go for the latest service patch it will include the smaller frequent patches.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice