Windows UPDATE Today

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kidcnote

Banned
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...in/advance.mspx

Microsoft announced that it would release a security update to help protect customers from exploitations of a vulnerability in the Windows Meta File (WMF) area of code in the Windows operating system on Tuesday, January 2, 2006, in response to malicious and criminal attacks on computer users that were discovered last week.

Microsoft will release the update today on Thursday, January 5, 2006, earlier than planned.

The security update will be available at 2:00 pm PT as MS06-001 (y)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Just run a scan at the Windows Update site and the KB912919 update should be listed in the critical updates section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kidcnote

Banned
flavallee said:
Just run a scan at the Windows Update site and the KB912919 update should be listed in the critical updates section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Flav, When they said 2:00 they wern't lying..At 2:00 and 20 seconds I had mine downloaded..:p

flavallee said:

did the scan and came up with the following.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)

is it april fools day already....lol :p

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Personally, I'm going to wait until next Tuesday or Wednesday to install it, just in case Microsoft has the pre-released version listed in the Windows Updates site. I'm not in any hurry to install it anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online