Windows Update Tries to update trial version of Office

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shoff

Windows Update keeps trying to update Office 2003.
I have a trial version of Office 2003 that came with my computer.
I do not want it at this time, but I may want it at some point in the future.
I don't know if it can be hidden from the Windows update but if not, I am not sure how to fully get rid of it.
It has never been "installed."
Windows update fails every time, of course, because it isn't now nor has it ever been installed.
The biggest problem is that it keeps trying to apply the same updates over and over and over. It slows down the shutdown as it repeats the attempt(s) 3 times before each shutdown and also it keeps downloading the same and or other Windows Updates for Office 2003.
1 - Can Windows Update be configured to leave my Trial version of Office 2003 alone?
2 - If not, how can I get rid of the Office 2003 trial version.
Obviously uninstall is out of the question.
3 - Once it is gone, do I need to do anything with regards to Windows Update?

Windows XP SP2
Compaq Presario
3200+ AMD Athlon XP
512MB Ram

Thank you
:confused:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you uninstall the "enhanced" Windows update, it should only try to update Windows, not other Microsoft applications.

Why is uninstalling Office 2003 not possible?

I do not understand why un-installing the trial version is out of the question. When you go to activate it you are still going to have to pay for the authentic key code just like you would if you bought the full version and this ia what you will get anyways. Microsoft will ship you the whole package for around several hundred dollars.

Tthe only way to stop this is to remove Office trial version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online