1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Chester Merve, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chester Merve

Chester Merve Thread Starter

I have a laptop which has those system properties below:

-Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz
    -383 MB RAM
    -Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit

The laptop is came from Germany. So it had Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit in Germany. After I got this laptop, I started to use Windows XP on it. But yesterday I installed Vista Home Basic from its original DVD and I changed its language from Germany to Turkish by using a software named "Vistalizator". The operating system is Turkish now. (Not BIOS and some of characters in command line don't appear right but it's OK.) I know that only Ultimate is available for installing language packs but I could install language packs on my Home Basic, too. Anyway, after installation everything was fine till this morning. When I try to launch Windows Update, I almost can't see anything. It just looks like below:

[​IMG]

Is it about trying to install a language pack on Home Basic or an update that will allow to fix Windows Update? Because while no problems occured, I was prompted to install a new version of Windows Update but I was failed to do that.

I hope I can get help. I'm searching for hours but for now I got nothing.

2. lildragon

lildragon

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814039