1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update (Vista) - error code 80010108

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Khalthar, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Khalthar

Khalthar Thread Starter

Ive had some trouble with Windows Vista, and recently I decided to use the laptop recovery discs to finish off the problem. The original problem had gone but a new problem had appeared.

I ran the Windows update twice to definately make sure there were no more updates left after I had reinstalled Windows. On the second attempt I had message saying there was some sort of error, I checked the 'view update history link' and found that one of the updates failed to install. The update in question is 'Update for Windows Vista (KB938371).

I double clicked this and found this problem had occurred - 'Error Code 80010108'
    The windows website seems to have no info on this. Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem so that Windows can install the update and so that Windows update can run again? or guide me to somewhere which has the information needed?

Thank you in advance

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

The other day my Vista machine would NOT get to the update listing. I was getting a error similar to the one you got. Yesterday, it updated without any hiccups. I rack this up to be a Update Server error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683859