1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Update will not install updates!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Amber99, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Amber99

Amber99 Thread Starter

Hi. I'm new here and see a forum about windows updates not being installed. I have the same problem but that thread didn't help me at all to fix the problem.

I have tried to install Windows Installer but will get this message when I try to install it.. " Not enough storage is available to process this command."

I've tried these commands and the first one

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuweb.dll says The module failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

There are 3 that will not update and haven't for a week. Yes I've been trying and searching that long!!!

#1 Security Update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 (KB973709)
    Error Code : 646

#2 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB972581)
    Error Code: 646

and

#3 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB974234)
    Error Code: 646

Any help will be appreciated and much thanks in advance!

2. cdrdannya

cdrdannya

Hi,

You mention:

" Not enough storage is available to process this command."

Have you actualy checked there is enough space on the drive, I am unsure how much space is needed, but this could be an issue.

Also make sure you dont have any external drives connected when running the update.

Does MS Update give you any KB numbers or error codes?

Thanks,
    Danny

3. Amber99

Amber99 Thread Starter

In my Computer located on the pie chart it shows used space is 69.0GB Free space is 218GB. Looks like only a quarter is used in used space so I don't believe it would be the storage.

There are no one external attachments to this computer but my mouse. I went out and bought a wireless mouse but I have installed updates having the same mouse for 2 months now.

The codes where all listed above. They were all the same codes. 646 I believe. They were all for Microsoft Office. So I didn't know if it's that important to have as I don't even use Microsoft Office.

Thank you
    Amber

4. Amber99

Amber99 Thread Starter

I just watched my updates install and the Windows Vista a new update for me went through with Success!!! The others still did not but it went to the last update before failing. I don't know if this helps but I thought I would let you know.

Thank you
    Amber

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/872111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice