1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows update will not load

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Funkyecat, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

After reading about windows updates, I went in to check windows update. When I select WU all I see is some grey/blue dots going across the top of the screen. I tried the troubleshooter and windows reset for the update, but no changes. I contacted the windows community but instruction for submittine some logs was incorrect.One is attached.

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the product number(WW640AA#ABA) in your log, you have a HP Pavilion p6520f Desktop PC.

It was introduced in April 2010 in the U.S.A. and Canada and which came with the original version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

HP provides no support for it for Windows 10, so you took a risk when you made the upgrade.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Type winver in the search box, then press the Enter key.

What version number and build number is listed there?

Note: The most current Windows 10 is version 1607 build 14393.321

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

I know HP will not support a 7 year old computer.
    My version are current. I don't know if this a problem with the wonderful (HA) anniversary edition.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    My 7-years old Dell OptiPlex 780 minitowers all came with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
    I did a "clean" install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in them instead of doing an "upgrade" install, so that prevented a number of problems.
    I also removed most of the multimedia/gaming/message clutter that came as part of it, so that prevented even more problems.
    The original anniversary update and subsequent updates have gone well for me. (y)

-------------------------------------------------------------

5. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

Your responses have nothing to do with my question. Please leave.

6. storage_man

storage_man

What favallee is telling you is maybe a clean install of windows will fix your problems with updates. You can go here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download the tool to build a new current windows 10 ISO that you can burn to a DVD and re-install Windows.

7. Funkyecat

Funkyecat Thread Starter

Any computer with half a brain knows that a clean install will fix the problem. This was a clean install and takes a long while to set up correctly.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I was just trying to give you some advice and was using my own 7-year old desktops as an example.
    Since input from "half a brain" is no longer desired, I'll remove him from this thread.
    Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    Computers don't have brains, people do (well some people).

Asking for help then insulting a well respected member who tries to provide some is not a good way to encourage others to try to help you.

Maybe you should be the 'half of one' to leave.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice