Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skinilicious

When I go under Settings -> Windows Update & Security a list if updates appear. Some start downloading and others just say Download Pending. The others that start downloading don't pass 2%-8%. The Windows Update to a newer version of Windows 10 does not work either pls help!!Settings 9_19_2019 9_07_54 PM.png Additionally, I can not download or update any apps from the Windows Store.

skinilicious

I have already tried rebooting and that doesn't work. But I am not quite sure what you mean by "update manually"?

I think what he means is to press Check for Updates button to start it again 'manually'.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sounds like the Windows Update options is not working correctly or that particular update is corrupt while downloading. In that screenshot, click on Troubleshoot then Windows Update.

upload_2019-9-23_7-25-32.png

See if that helps.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you an administrator on the computer? Can you go to that folder and make sure the msdt.exe file is there.

Your system is probably corrupted. Access permissions and things. It is troublesome to fix, simplest way is to re-install Windows. Faster and you get the latest version too.

You should download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it and it should offer to Upgrade. See if that works.

If that Upgrade fails. Then Run the MS Media Creation Tool to Generate a Windows setup DVD or USB memory stick. Backup your data. Then boot with it and do Setup > Custom, erasing the C partition. ( You have to recognize the partition is drive C by it's size ) Then let it continue on using the newly unallocated space.

Shazzalive

Sharron
You could also try running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

Open a command prompt as administrator.

Type the following: -

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Press return and wait for the task to complete.

Optional step: Run the System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your files following the above operation: -

Open a command prompt as administrator.

Type the following: -

SFC /SCANNOW

Press return and allow the operation to complete.

This may or may not solve your problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online